Excuse the delay in getting this newsletter assembled and sent out, time got away from me.
First, a round of thank-you’s to our Stewards and everyone else who helped with the Steak Fry on May 16th. It was very well attended, we had some amazing steaks provided, and we rounded the evening with a great Entered Apprentice degree for a new candidate.
On May 19th we had the opportunity to attend the Fifth District Association Awards Dinner at Leisure Time Winery. Fulton Lodge was honored with the Grand Master’s Reception Attendance award, having more brothers and spouses in attendance than any other lodge. I would also note that we had the most brothers turn out for the Awards Dinner, 13 in all with spouses. Thanks for participating in a great night of fellowship.
For our Wardens and anyone else who would be interested, Paul Weglage, the DGM for the Grand Lodge of Ohio, has released his rollout program schedule. The closest will be Wood County Lodge in Bowling Green on July 31.
The next stated meeting on June 6 will be our Strawberry Shortcake Social at 6 pm, followed by our stated meeting at 7:30 pm. This is the last stated meeting before we go dark for the summer.
Traditionally, the Past Masters have provided strawberries, and everyone else should bring shortcakes, angel food cakes, toppings, etc. I’ll work on an announcement after this is sent out. The stated meeting which follows at 7:30pm will have us without our Worshipful Master, so the Senior Warden is stepping in and is asking all other line officers to move forward one chair for the evening.
Grand Lodge Communications will be held on October 20, 2023 at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky. Online registration will be available on July 1 at www.glohio2023.com. Wardens and the Master are expected to attend, but it is available to all master masons. If you have never had a chance to attend Grand Lodge Communications, this is about as close as it gets in Sandusky. It’s an easy day trip out, and if you are only attending the general session and not staying overnight, no registration is necessary.
The Lodge will be entering a float in the 2023 Delta Chicken Festival Parade on July 15. The parade’s start time is 11am and we could use as many brothers and their families to come out and be part of the event. Remember to wear your masonic shirts/polos and dress for the weather (shorts are fine). Pat Lambert is spearheading this effort and needs your help! We need to gather misc stuffed animals and individually wrapped hard candy to hand out to kids along the parade route. Please bring anything you can to the June stated meeting. Pat informed me he is making a few adjustments to the float trailer, but I am sure he would accept any help you might be able to offer. The theme for the Chicken Fest Parade is “It’s all Fun & Games”. I am not sure how we incorporate that, but please bring your ideas to the June Meeting!
We still have some handsome matted prints available for purchase either in an acetate sleeve for $25 or framed for $40. The overall dimensions are 8in x 10in with matting. The print is based on a historic photo of Fulton Lodge from the early 1900s. Proceeds from the sale of these prints will go towards our Lodge's Historic Marker Fund. Please contact the secretary or treasurer if you are interested in purchasing one of these amazingly detailed prints.
Did you Know?
A few items of interest, especially for our newer brothers:
- I have restocked blank petitions in the dining room. They are in a purple folder on the side table where we normally have communications. Please grab one or two and keep one in your glove compartment.
- Next, there is a binder on the same table that has past minutes and financial summaries, as well as other useful lodge information, and it is appropriately named “Lodge Information”.
- Check our http://fultonlodge.org/resources">new resources page. It has a list of recommended stores, sites, information portals, etc. If you have an Internet resource you want to see here, please send it my way!
- Last, there is a new email reflector I have built that allows any of our lodge brothers to send an email to all other brothers from a single address. If you have an item of importance to share, there is no need to run it through the secretary, you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org">mailto:email@example.com" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be sent to all of our brothers.
Dates to remember:
- June 6: Strawberry Social and Stated Meeting
- June 20: Bryan/Edon Table Lodge
- June 28: Wauseon Table Lodge
- July 1: Registration for Grand Lodge 2023 Opens
- July 22: Outdoor MM Degree, Liberty Center 9am
- July 31: 7pm DGM Rollout – Wood County Lodge in BG
- Sept 30: District Annual Meeting @ Sycamore 10am
Our next stated meeting is June 6th. We hope to see you then!
As always, like our Facebook page facebook.com/fulton248 and our main website fultonlodge.org.